NRA CCW Instructor Certification Class
When July 29th & 30thth, 9am - 5pm
Location Shooting Range in Sherwood Oregon
Maximum of 12 student
Classroom Lessons (Day1)
• CCW Portal Update
• Drawing from Concealment
• Reloading & Stoppage Remediation
• Mindset; Responding to an Attack & the Aftermath
• Carry Modes & Pistol Concealment
• Running A CCW, Live Fire Line
• Basic Defensive Pistol Skills
Range Exercises (Day 2)
• Gearing U Safely
• Medical Brief
• CCW Basic Student Live Fire Drills (Teach Back)
• Live Fire Drills
• Qualification Introduction
• Instructor Live Fire Qualification
Thank you for registering for the upcoming NRA CCW Instructor Course. This will be a two day course, one full day of classroom and one full day on the range. Below is a list of required material/gear you will need to bring the course. If you have any questions about the materials please let me know. There will be a written exam and shooting qualification that will be administered during the course. Both of these objectives will be a pass/fail component of the course.
· Quality Pistol appropriate for concealed carry – minimum of 9mm or .38 Special
· Quality Strong Side Hip Holster – recommend form fitted leather or kydex, must cover trigger/trigger guard
· Quality Belt, designed to carry a holster and a firearm strongly recommended
· 300 rounds of quality ammunition suitable for practice.
· Spare magazines or speed loaders with appropriate pouches – at least two additional (3 total)
· Clothing appropriate for concealed carry including a cover garment
· Eye protection
· Hearing protection - recommend electronic
· Packed lunch, snacks, drinks for each day
NRA CCW STUDENT: Is a requirement for this course, this is being offered 1st 7/29 at 9-10am (1-hour). Cost for student class is $35 for the materials. If you already have the NRA student handbooks Pistol & PPOTH? Then there is no-fee for the student class.
NRA Basic Instructor Training: is required within 2-years. This requirement is waiver for NRA training counselors. If you need this, contact me.
If you are traveling in for this course and are not familiar with the area, please research the surrounding area for hotel options. There will not be an “NRA” hotel. All hotel expenses are at the cost of the student.
If you are not a resident of the state of Oregon, please become familiar with and adhere to all state and federal laws.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to me via email and I will address them as they come in. Thanks again, and we will see you on the range.
Register at FirearmTrainingNW.com
Shaun Curtain (360) 921-2071 FirearmTrainingNW@gmail.com FirearmTrainingNW.com